Add Integrations to your stack
5X is the AWS + App Store of data platform. You can shop and add vendors to your stack at any time. There are 2 ways to add an integration (i.e. vendor) to your data stack:
- 1.Provisioned by 5X: 5X created the account on behalf of you
- 2.Bring Your Own Vendor (BYOV): if you already had an account, you can bring your own vendor to the 5X platform.
Provisioned by 5X
Bring Your Own Vendor
Provisioned as a child account under 5X organization account, to enjoy discounts and better vendor support
You create your own account
Contract with vendor
Managed by 5X
Your own contract
Consolidated 1 monthly bill with all your vendors
Separate bill with your own payment method
Deactivated the vendor account and remove all settings
Only remove the vendor from 5X platform, vendor account is still active
Taile: access core functionalities
Configure connection between vendors (e.g. connect dbt with snowflake)
✅ When select "Choose my own vendors"
When you start the BYOV flow
Teams: manage user access and roles
🟡 Depends on the vendor integration, may not be available for some vendors
Utilization: view daily usage
You can add and delete integrations at any time after you have created your stack.
1. Go to the “Integrations” tab.
2. Click on the vendor you would like to add.
- If you don’t have the vendor account, select Setup now to create a new vendor account provisioned by 5X
- If you already had the vendor account, select I have my own account and follow the instructions to bring your existing account. Bring Your Own Vendor (BYOV) form will need you to provide an access token or create dedicated users, which varies based on vendors.
- 3.If you want to remove a vendor from your stack, click on the vendor and select Delete from my stack.